We are looking for a self-driven leader to advance and accelerate marketing at Tilig! As the Head of Marketing, you will play a crucial role in building brand awareness and defining marketing strategies. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Marketing will have the freedom and trust to do your best work. You will lead the team to build awareness of Tilig's brand and engage consumers through brand building, advertising, creative innovation, product features, and data-driven insights! As the Head of Marketing, your initial responsibility will be leading Tilig’s rebranding efforts, focusing on consumer retention and expanding to small-medium businesses.
Tilig is an app that balances seriousness with playfulness - we are an app designed for ease of use and delight in a more serious and dry industry (internet security). We are a simple free password manager built for small business. Tilig exists because the world needs it. We believe that a good, simple, free password manager is something that makes us as a society less vulnerable for hackers.
It’s our mission at Tilig to make security simple! That also requires communicating in a simple way. That’s easier said than done, because security = complicated for many people*.* We are looking for a Head of Marketing who is excited about our simplicity mindset and takes that to the marketing arena! We have talented engineering and product teams. Now we need someone who is able to also execute a marketing strategy that aligns with that.
👀 We’re looking for:
- A hands-on leader experience leading marketing initiatives for a small to medium size business
- Someone who has experience defining, refining and executing on a marketing strategy that aligns with Tilig’s business objectives
- An innovative marketer who is enthusiastic about Tilig’s rebranding process
- Demonstrated experience executing the rebrand of a product and building a brand’s identity
- A data driven marketer with previous experience with Ad Campaigns, A/B Testing, and establishing KPIs
- An analytically oriented individual who and uses the data to lead marketing investments
- Someone with ambitions to become Tiligs evangelist, promoting our core values and brand
- Leadership experience building a brand and having a deep understanding of brand management, customer engagement and/or lifecycle marketing
- Familiarity with building a marketing team and managing marketing contractors
- Someone who is excited about building a free product for small-to-mid-size businesses, with future paid secondary service
- Prior experience and a great understanding of UI/UX processes
- Someone who is methodical and process oriented
- A willingness to lead and also be “hands-on” with content creation
- Someone with a collaborative approach which embodies Tilig’s core values
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/related field or equivalent experience
🔍 What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with leadership team, including CEO, Product and Design executives, to develop brand, product and messaging
- Lead Tilig’s rebranding efforts and revitalize customer's perception
- Oversee marketing vision and focus on our marketing campaigns, social media accounts, blog content, website, newsletter, and events that align with the overall strategic vision of Tilig
- Manage corporate communications and marketing messaging to help evangelize our voice to market - externally and internally
- Evaluate industry trends and develop innovative strategies
- Lead, build and manage our future outcome-focused marketing team
- Highlight Tilig’s core values and communicate this to users in innovative ways
- Make data driven marketing decisions, including establish Marketing KPIs, A/B Testing, and Google SEO tracking
- Connects results, findings, and learnings to product and engineering
- Implement a growth strategy for Tilig’s activation of new users
- Utilize Mixpanel for product improvements
Tilig is a healthy startup, founded by Sid Sijbrandij, founder and CEO of GitLab. The team is 20 strong and growing with the mission of building everyone's personal assistant. The first iteration of that product is a simple, safe, and easy-to-use password manager - it’s the password manager that works for everyone, and it’s free forever . Our ultimate mission is to make the web easier to use for everyone. You can read more about Tilig on our About page.
👋 More About Us
We work in self-directed and autonomous teams with clear goals and ambitious objectives.
Being remote-first, we have a bias towards asynchronous communication and respect each others’ deep work time.
We agonize over the simplicity and usability of our product. After all, we want to make the web safer to use for everyone, not just the tech savvy.
We pay close attention to the cohesiveness of our product across devices because we want users to seamlessly transition from one to the other.
We are data-driven and user-centric, buzzwords that we actually follow through on.
💛 Happy at Tilig
- 💻 Get all the tools you need to be productive
- 🕒 Enjoy flexible working hours
- 🌴 Benefit from unlimited vacation days
- 🌍 Live & work from any country within -3/+3 CET
- 🔒 Work on a product that keeps people safe online
📝 Hiring Process
- The first step is to apply using the form on this page!
- Introduction with someone from the team to learn more about Tilig and the role
- Meet the hiring manager to get a first-hand understanding of what the day-to-day challenges of a Tilig
- Meet more members of your future team
- Final Chat and Offer