We’re looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our team, scale our frontend engineering capabilities and accelerate the development of our web clients. As a security startup that is iterating fast, finding the right balance between security and speed of development is a constant challenge. You’ll be responsible for maintaining that balance. Aside from that, you’ll be responsible for the happiness and health of the growing frontend engineering team.
Tilig is an app that balances seriousness with playfulness - we are an app designed for ease of use and delight in a more serious and dry industry (internet security). We are a simple free password manager built for small business and busy families. Tilig exists because the world needs it. We believe that a good, simple, free password manager is something that makes us as a society less vulnerable for hackers.
🤗 Who you are:
This role is ideal if you have 5 years of experience working in frontend engineering and are passionate about building teams, scaling products and fostering productive and efficient ways of working.
We’ll hit it off if:
- You really care about the experience our users have, you can empathize with their needs and are driven to ease their pain points
- You are religious about writing high-quality code and you know how browsers work.
- You know the ins and outs of encryption and care deeply about security.
- You’re a team player with a passion for learning, and enjoy helping others grow.
- You have experience scaling web products.
- You know how to effectively manage a frontend engineering team. You’ve demonstrated the ability to streamline work processes, manage workloads, and motivate your team members.
- You know how to coordinate with product managers, and have a passion for good UI/UX.
- You don’t care if we work in Vue or React, because you know it’s not about which framework you use, but how you use it. (Since you asked: we use VueJS.)
- You’re able to navigate your way through ambiguity.
- You’re familiar with remote work (or excited to try it!)
🔍 What you’ll do
- You’ll lead the frontend engineering team.
- You’ll manage or mentor future developers that join the team.
- You’ll plan, schedule, and coordinate frontend engineering work.
- You’ll collaborate with the product team to make sure requirements, specs and planning are clear for everyone.
- You’ll coordinate engineering efforts with security, backend, iOS, and Android engineers.
- You’ll make decisions that aren’t always easy to make.
- You’ll implement processes to improve the security, quality, and development speed of the frontend engineering team.
- You’ll improve the code quality and test coverage of our product.
- You’ll work with our security engineers to improve our security even more.
- You’ll constantly improve internal tooling, E2E tests, etc.
- You’ll be responsible for hiring new frontend engineers as Tilig grows.
- You’ll launch new web clients: Firefox, Safari desktop, Safari mobile, Electron desktop.
- You’ll make sure the team delivers new features as fast as possible and communicates clearly about progress.
Tilig is a healthy startup, founded by Sid Sijbrandij, founder and CEO of GitLab. The team is 15 strong and growing with the mission of building everyone's personal assistant. The first iteration of that product is a simple, safe, and easy-to-use password manager - it’s the password manager that works for everyone, and it’s free forever *.*
Our ultimate mission is to make the web easier to use for everyone. You can read more about Tilig on our About page.
👋 More About Us:
- We work in self-directed and autonomous teams with clear goals and ambitious objectives
- Being remote-first, we have a bias towards asynchronous communication and respect each others’ deep work time
- We agonize over the simplicity and usability of our product. After all, we want to make the web safer to use for everyone, not just the tech savvy
- We pay close attention to the cohesiveness of our product across devices because we want users to seamlessly transition from one to the other
- We are data-driven and user-centric, buzzwords that we actually follow through on
💛 Happy at Tilig:
- 💻 Get all the tools you need to be productive
- 🕒 Enjoy flexible working hours
- 🌴 Benefit from unlimited vacation days
- 🌍 Live & work from any country within -3/+3 CET
- 🔒 Work on a product that keeps people safe online
📝 Hiring Process:
- The first step is to apply using the form on this page!
- Introduction with someone from the team to learn more about Tilig and the role
- Meet the hiring manager to get a first-hand understanding of what the day-to-day challenges of a Tilig engineer are
- Work through a practical engineering challenge with the team ~60 min
- Meet more members of your future team
- Final Chat and Offer 🎉